Sunday, May 9, 2010

Music to My Ears

I had a very musical past week. On Friday evening I was in Circadian Rhythm listening to a local jazz group. The slightly wizened Kiwi musicians bouncing around to the beat of their music in the cheerfully painted Indian cafe. Sunday night I attended an orchestra performance called "Russian Masters" at the Dunedin City Center. I enjoyed Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, and Beethoven (Russian?) while sitting among a sea of elderly people in their finery in the lavish performance hall. Sunday afternoon I went to a Polish celebration of Chopin's life, replete with the Polish ambassador to New Zealand, children dressed in traditional Polish garb, and a piano performance. Wednesday's music performance was Hungarian Masterworks for Piano Four Hands. The two professors who played for us were exquisite together, their hands running up and down the keyboard, flawlessly overlapping and pounding in perfect rhythm.
The Chopin Celebration

1 comment:

  1. I found this post very interesting as I am a kiwi and my husband is Polish. Great blog!

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete