Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home (kind of)

It's been nice to be back in Dunedin and do normal homey-things. This week I've been catching up on my homework, going to yoga class, and going to the SPCA, like normal. But I also went to my first ever Zumba class and loved it! It's a dance exercise class that is very high energy and taught in an impromptu, fun style. And I was surprisingly very tired when the hour was over.
I found where the Wednesday lunchtime concerts are in our music building and went to a 'Recital of German Lieder'. I really just went for the piano accompianment but the singer had an amazing baritone voice and was very interesting to watch as he automatically acted out the story of what he was singing and then seemed slightly embarrassed at his performance at the end of each song.

I found out that my favorite restaraunt in town, a vegan cafe called Circadian Rhythm, has live jazz on Friday nights. Consequently I spent most of this evening there nurturing a spirulina smoothie and their hummus plate while enjoying the jazzy atmosphere.
Leslie showing off her first ever homemade bread
My flatmate Jenny cooking for real (for the first time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment